Saturday, November 21, 2009

“I think the valium kicked In”

November 21, 2009 – Saturday

We woke up bright and early at 2:30 pm when housekeeping tried to clean our room and Salai yelled at them claiming it was 8:30am and we were sleeping. The clock next to my bed said 14:28 but I convinced myself the power had gone out in the night and turned back over to go back asleep. Feeling oddly rested for what would have been 5 hours of sleep if it indeed was 8:30, I got up to check my clock and saw that it was, truly, 2:30 in the afternoon.

Salai declared, “I think the valium kicked in!” and we got up to start our day.

We drank instant coffee, ate green oranges and dressed to look as least like Americans as possible for what we could accomplish in the 3 or 4 hours of sunlight we had left. Apparently I am too tall to pass for Thai.

No comments:

Post a Comment